Friday, September 10, 2010

It's Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S


I am a No Doubt fan. I saw them during college on a road trip with my friends. I remember exactly what I wore too: dark blue flared Levi's, combat boots, a shiny black top (made of synthetic something or other), a silver coiled bracelet on my upper arm and last but not least, a clip-on blue hair extension I bought at Claire's. Oh yes, and I body surfed for the first time. Good 'ol college days.

Back then, No Doubt was opening for Bush. (Before Gwen and Gavin got married). Gwen was pretty famous, but no where near as big as she later became. When she got on stage, it's like the whole dynamic changed. She was electric! I thought, this girl's a real star. And now she's a mom, a designer and a rock star. Very cool! And check this out...the bartender at the karaoke spot I frequent (an amazing dancer in her own right) is friends with one of the Harajuku girls. Six degrees of separation! Make that three between me and Gwen. We're practically sisters!

Believe it or not, those yellow pants are from Kmart and so is the houndstooth racer back tank. I first saw the yellow pants and thought...yellow pants? Can I really wear those? Then I answered myself, "Yes."
I often engage in these fashion-related dialogues (or monologues) when I shop.

The pants were a go and when I found the tank I started thinking of rocker chic a la Gwen. I mean if she can wear leather bloomers, I'm sure yellow pants wouldn't scare her very much.

Faux leather bomber: Marshall's
Shades: Jessica Simpson
Houndstooth tank: Kmart
Yellow pants: Kmart
Bag: L.A.M.B. for LeSportsac




Gotta add a classic No Doubt song, of course! 

5 comments:

  1. definetley a cute outfit..LOVE the inspiration behind it ...Great job !
    http://afashionistasdreamoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chic outfit....love the print on the top....Happy Friday Hunnie!!

    Statements in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like No Doubt as well. I used to have a cd. Love Gwen Stefani!

    Hope you come visit my blog soon!

    xoxo, jaz
    fashionstatement101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ayyy throwback :) and very cute outfit!! that jacket is pure fire :)

    www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your outfit is soo pretty :)

    http://erdbeerglanz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete