Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jeans, Tee and Sequins


Happy New Year everyone! My husband had to work, so we went to an early Mexican dinner! It was a casual restaurant and I didn't want to overdress, but is there such a thing?  If I could wear a gown to the grocery store I would. That's why I love the 1940's. Gloves, hats, just to run errands!

To fit into modern times though,  I passed on the gown, I wore jeans, a plain white tee (hey there delilah) and a sequined vest. I love the idea of taking a plain outfit of jeans and a tee and letting the accesories do all of the talking. On the show, Project Accessory, that was one of the challenges and it's so fun since you are working with a blank canvas!

The necklace is from Amazon.com. It reminds me of the Kimora Lee Simmons Hello Kitty line of jewelry, so if you are looking for one like that, there are many options available on Amazon. And my "bracelets" (it's really one piece) are from Kohl's. I'm wearing Essie's Cocktail Bling on my nails.

I am not wearing my MAC Ruby Woo (surprsingly) and opted for the L'oreal Infallible Never Fail LipColour Stars Collection in Beyonce Red. It was totally budgeproof even through the chips and guac portion of the meal in which I accidentally bit on a jalepeno and nearly died! But at least my lipstick never budged.

This...stuff...is...amazing!

L'Oreal at ShopStyle


What did you wear for New Year's Eve?
If you had to choose between being underdressed or overdressed which would you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. Overdressed.....always flashy never trashy is my motto. You'll always notice the most over and underdressed person but do you really want to be remembered as the person who looked like they had nothing to wear? My point exactly! Love the sequins vest and also the HK necklace. Happy New Year Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Overdressed always wins.

    ReplyDelete