Sunday, September 12, 2010

He Knows I Like Sparkle

Apt. 9 at ShopStyle

My husband and I went shopping at a new place today in Queens. There was a Century 21, TJ Maxx, Kohl's and other stores.  We went into Kohl's and he actually spotted this cute tank on a mannequin. It was styled nicely under a wool blazer. I love that most of it is an unassuming gray tank and then pow! There's sequins!

We looked around and couldn't find it, so I asked the saleswoman if I could have the one on the mannequin. If you haven't done this, try it! I have done this in Macy's also and if it's the last item in your size, most salespeople will even help you get it off. But you can't be embarrassed to strip a mannequin.

She did say yes and helped me get if off and even dropped her walkie talkie in the process and we both laughed. Very nice lady. I quickly dressed the mannequin with just the blazer since small children were starting to stare. Very funny, but in the end I got the top. I will post a future picture with a full outfit, but I wanted to share how cute it was and the story of course.

If you like sparkle like I do, it is available at kohls.com in sizes medium and large.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking tank....and Id strip a mannequin in a New York minute too....lol

    Statements in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find!! Sometimes I can find some really fabulous stuff at kohls! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I typically don't like too many sequins, this tank is just right! Nice work!
    And I am with you, there is no shame in striping the displays!

    ReplyDelete