Monday, November 1, 2010

Boots that Behave

Franco Sarto at ShopStyle


I have a problem finding long boots that fit around my calves. I have calves that can be described as "curvy" or even "athletic"! I sigh evertime I see a long boot knowing they may not fit.

Here is a list of companies make boots that solve the problem of "too tight" boots.

1. Franco Sarto
2. Charlotte Russe (the openings are a little wider)
3. Jessica Simpson (usually the pull up boots, not the ones with zippers)
4. Cole Haan
5. Chinese Laundry
6. J.Crew


*Also Macys.com has a section for extended calf boots. Another good tip is to measure your calves,
Just like I have a problem with too tight boots, many women don't want them too baggy either. You want them to fit just right! 

**Lots of sites list the diameter in inches. So far 7 1/2" diameter is good for me. Anything lower is better for slimmer calves. Anything higher is better for even more curvy calves. (8-9" diameters)

1 comment: