Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day to Night Barbie



I cannot tell you how much I loved this Barbie as a kid. I even had the Day to Night Office/Apartment.

I love the idea of having a day look and then transforming into something else for night. So here are two looks I created with a similar dual nature.

DAY 
(with a splash of night)


This is more like a Saturday or day off look. I love the ruffles on the plaid shirt. Gap still offers a version of this shirt as seen below. I topped it off with a sequin vest. The bag is also a nod to the night...but still cute for day!

Shirt: Gap
Vest: H and M
Jeans: NY& Co.
Heels: Nine West
Bag: TransVersion (bought at the old GirlShop.com site)

Forever 21 at ShopStyle

Gap at ShopStyle
NIGHT 
(with a touch of day) 


Here's my night look. A sheath dress that is very Jackie O! This dress also works very well during the day and has the first lady appeal of not only Jackie, but Mrs.Obama !

Being curvy, a sheath was never my best option. This dress works for me because there is seaming on the hip area and a slight A-line hem. So it is form fitting, but my hips have some wiggle room! By definition, not a true sheath, but close enough! The modest cut of this dress is perfect for just about any evening out like a Broadway show or a nice dinner (at dare I say...The White House:)

Dress: OC by Oleg Cassini
Heels: Nine West

Calvin Klein at ShopStyle

2 comments:

  1. i love the first outfit, so simple and nice, the second one looks classy.
    About your hair you said u had it very long, why don't u let it grow again? you're beautiful with short hair anyway
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have been trying to grow it. It was a layered pixie so I let those layers grow out and I am trying for at least a bob. My friends like it short on me, so we'll see I guess :)!

    ReplyDelete