Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sneak Peek: TV Style Stars

Modern day Lucy Ricardo 



Lucy, Ethel and loads of chocolate in this classic scene!

As you can see, I love classic sitcoms. I am a Nick at Nick, TVLand junkie. So here is my Top Ten List for my favorite characters who I thought had great style! Some may surprise you. Here they are in no particular order.


1. Denise Huxtable, The Cosby Show:  Fearless fashion risk taker with a taste for the eccentric. And who can forget the shirt she made for Theo!

2. DJ Tanner, Full House: Perfect curly hair, cute wristbands, acid washed jeans and button-down shirts. Wasn't she every girl's  favorite 80's imaginary bestie?

3. Karen Arnold, The Wonder Years: A little flaky...yes. The queen of the peasant skirts and fringed bags...yes!What was up with her crazy boyfriends though?

4. Gloria Stivic, All in the Family: In a word...Platforms! And super gigantic ones.

5. Lucy Ricardo, I Love Lucy: Full skirts, ballet shoes, cute neck scarves, Did somebody say 50's fashions? 

6. Laua Ingalls, Little House on the Prairie: I loved those floral dresses even though they weren't cutting edge fashion.

7. Thelma Evans, Good Times: Cute high-waisted jeans that weren't mom jeans! 

8. Hilary Banks, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: Simply fabulous

9. Whitley Gilbert, A Different World: Tres Chic

10. Darlene Connor, Roseanne: My first gothic hero. Doc Martens, flannel shirts, ripped jeans. It was like looking at a mirror for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment